With spectacular views of the Koranna Mountain range 100 km to the south. We offer you a thrilling desert experience you never dreamed of...
We offer self-catering lodging in 3 uniquely different areas. Camelthorn Chalet has a breath-taking vista of the Kalahari planes and golden sunset. Bessiebos campsite is unfenced. The luxury rooms, Hornbill and Pheasant in the green oasis of the main homestead boast a beautiful view.
We offer accommodation ranging from camping in back to basics style or enjoying a secluded chalet or for those who prefer 5 star luxury, rooms at the main homestead.
Bessiebos is a private, secluded campsite set on a gently rolling dune with full ablution facility, wood for a braai/the boiler and a nearby lookout point with panoramic views over the farm.
Camel Thorn Chalet
At Camel thorn chalet you will find your own private African sanctuary with an endless view over the savannah.
The exclusive, luxury self-catering twin rooms are available at the main homestead. We cater for the discerning guests who require air conditioned rooms with en-suite bathroom.
Thota Lodge offers the visitor a variety of exciting activities including bakkie-ski, hiking and 4x4 trails and bird viewing.
Bakkie ski is unique to Thota Lodge and was invented by the owner and his sons. Challenge yourself to balance by “skiing” on the magnificent red Kalahari sand dragged behind a pick-up truck. You decide on the speed and the danger level!!! An extreme sport for the adrenalin junkies out there! Please note that an indemnity form is to be signed.
* Hiking trails (always carry sufficient drinking water in case of emergencies)
* Insect lovers paradise (too many to name
* Bird watching (over 100 species recorded)
* Game viewing. (Sunset is the best time to watch the springbuck and gemsbok graze)
* Horse riding (pre-book)
* 4 x 4 routes self-drive ( search for the elusive pangolins and anteaters “aardvark”
* Donkey cart rides (pre-book)
* Bee keeping (subject to season)
* Swim in a reservoir “plaas dam”
* Stargazing far from city lights
* Enjoy a romantic outdoor bath under a shepherds tree”witgat” and an uninterrupted view.
* Lounge on a private deck with your favourite book, sun-downer in hand.
If you want to participate in any of the cattle farming activities, this can be arranged subject to season.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO